Tuesday, December 26, 2006

"Christmas Tree Sunset" in Mcloud Ganj

Mcleod Ganj,sitting on a mountain ridge at 1700 feet overlooking Dharmsala in the valley.Yes a little haven in the sky amidst the mighty snow capped Himalaya's.I notice three monks elegantly dressed in burgundy robes.I greet there smiles with "Namaste" they giggle and keep on walking.Looking down I realise I'm wearing my bright red "Have you seen the Dalai Lama T-shirt?".I don't think they have!I than purchase a croissant from a shop with a sign that reads "frsh fish crosnt yummy dlishes"I deduce that a typo has been wrought.I find a stoop to enjoy my croissant on.I calculate that the only thing fishy about this croissant is it's about three days old.I share it with a dog,a new friend.He nods in agreement that the croissant is at least three days old.I spend the afternoon walking,getting acquainted with the town.My new friend tags along.I nickname him pugwash...pug for short.I purchase a fancy Flaro bracelet made of yak bone and a chessboard made of wood.The bracelet will give my wrist that sexy well travelled look and the chessboard I will use to make friends.The Dalai Lama in spirit is in all the shops.A photo of the man in his sharp looking bifocals graces every wall of every store.I ask the owner of one shop if he can arrange a meeting with his holiness?I tell him I'm from Canada and proceed to make an ass of myself drawing a parallel between the Dalai Lama and Anne of green gables. Unfortunately I was alone with not a friend in sight to stop me,so I continue with my absurd comparison.Yes see Anne (I call her Anne) graces all the shops and stores of Prince Edward Island.It may be a provincial law that you must have a picture of her holiness in your store,but don't quote me on that?I also make "note to self" that he seems to be getting a little steamed.I contemplate "what would Larry do?"Yes Larry David would take it even further.I once saw this Anne of Green Gables snow globe I say to my new friend.Yes picture this...The Dalai Lama in a snow globe surrounded by mountains-his big smile being snowed upon by big white fluffy snow flakes.A million dollar idea!

So what do you think?