Monday, December 11, 2006

Population,pollution and corruption!!!

One reason to make the trip up to Kashmir is you get to stay in one of these fabulous houseboats on Dal lake.Before coming here in my deluxe travel coach from Delhi,I was promised copious amounts of marjuana and opium enjoyed in a state of confusion/delirium for a whole week....A WHOLE WEEK GOSH DARN IT!

Well sadly Delhi had the last laugh once again.poking fun at my weakness for joyous addictions and kicks!

Shakira is a well known Colombian pop star as well as an Indian water taxi. Hasham and I had a busy day ahead of us.First we were going shopping on the lake,next visiting one of Srinagar's many mosques than we would finish the day by visiting the apparent final resting place of Jesus.The story goes that Jesus actually escaped Crucifixion and headed for India.Living many happy years before dying in Kashmir.The whole week I was in Kashmir I spent with Hasham. This man has an amazing wealth of Knowledge about his people,India and life in general.Anything I would ask him he had an answer for and not only an answer but in the form of a beautiful philosophical metaphor.Indian people have a lot to say and aren't afraid of speaking there mind.I also learned while I was here that the Kashmir government sells power to the rest of India leaving Kashmir with no electrical current half the time.Dangola did say that India was known for three things-Population,pollution and Corruption!!!

1 comment:

Lola said...

Chris, I love your blog! Yer fuckin funny.

Sounds like good/confusing/fascinating/fun times in India. Lovin it. More pics!!

(but damn it's kinda ugly, sorry bout that. I have a design plan to be implemented soon.)